Piss off...

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The wheels of the administration aren't the only ones that are falling off

What's my word count so far tonight? Zee-roh. That would be 0, like before 1 and after -1. Yeah, that. Chalk it up to (and here's where I rely on excuses rather than action: sometimes it's easier)...

1. Work. We're proofing all holiday flyers right now, and there are myriad behind-the-scenes piss wars going on. You can thank me when you open your flyer on Sunday morning to see that 18-Pack of Miller Lite at $9.99 (with an image of an 18-Pack of Miller Lite) and Bone-In Rib Eye at $7.99 Lb. (with an image of a Bone-In Rib Eye). But that perfect flyer comes after a ton of babysitting, cracking heads and wiping up shit. Sometimes I'd rather be independently wealthy.

2. Due to item 1, we're getting home later. Due to NaNo, we're writing all night rather than cooking, reading the paper, doing crosswords, etc. After getting home later tonight, I decided to make some crabcakes. Oh, don't be too jealous: the economy being what it is, we were using IMITATION crab meat, thus making these more chumcakes than crabcakes. Prep time, cook time, clean time...

3. With our chumcakes, we partook in a swell Banfi Chard/Pinot Grigio. I'm still getting used to our rabbit corkscrew thingy-dealy, so I managed to get the cork in the bottle. That was fine when I was single and pathetic and Corbet Canyon was high and mighty. But now with a mortgage and a plate of chumcakes?

Add in a month of late nights and the physical toll exacted, and I'm up to zero words on the night. Will I catch up? Can I do this thang? Yeah. But probably not tonight. I'm on NaNo duty Friday. Time to activate.

I'm enjoying my cork too much right now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home