Piss off...

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

(un)Clutter Me

Cluttered space, cluttered mind, cluttered results. Sometimes one just has to un-clutter. I did over the last two days, turning the clutter room back into a sitting room, with an actually visible floor. And whaddya know?!? I’m doing fine without that ATM receipt from O’Hare from 2006, the box of broken stale candy canes from last Christmas and the backlog of Dining In sections from the Times dating back to 2005. I even cut out a few of the recipes I was saving those sections for.

To what result?

Sixty pitch e-mails sent out today, that’s what result. My prospecting method is working, and I’m getting hits as a result, and those hits have led to a good bit of business this year. And I am totally at peace having the clutter room reclaimed for a bit of in-between-work lounging.

Clear space, clear mind, clear results.

Signed contracts can’t be far behind…

3 Comments:

Blogger LEstes65 said...

Wow. That's my tomorrow! My former office has become a half-assed guest room. It has become the keeper of boxes from all electronica. I gots to PURGE. You have inspired me. I will have to take before/after pix. Because it's bad.

6:36 PM

 
Blogger b-dub said...

I do have before pictures, but nope: too much.

10:24 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

AWESOME. I don't check back here often because you don't update a lot, but this is GREAT, and holy cow do I know the feeling. Really happy for you!

10:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home