Piss off...

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Ho ho ho

Jesus.

We finally got our tree today: two weeks too late, but not two weeks too early. It hasn't been too damn Christmasy around here this year, but merely bringing the tree into the living room drastically improved our moods on the spot. $13.95 at Home D and a ride home in the trunk of an '04 Hyundai Elantra is probably not quite what Currier & Ives had in mind. But they're dead, so fuck'em.

Had a lovely day today traipsing around Olde Portland (The Old Port, of course), shopping locally, bitchslapping the beautiful locals that have pushed the natives out of their affordable environs and spending money we don't even remotely have. We've done pretty well by our loved ones this year, and that's all I want, so I can't complain. I don't mind eating a little less if my mom gets a great present as a result (shhh). So here we are.

We're nine days away from Christmas, and I have little to say. And I'm content to say very little and enjoy the glow of the day and the spreading warm of my Christmas Dewar's. Sometimes silence is golden and effort is good enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home