Piss off...

Monday, December 27, 2010

Boxing Day Ruminations

Yeah, so it snowed a little bit. You may have heard.

The day started without power at the office, but I was already resigned to staying in (it was, after all, a state of emergency). Tried to get my head together about all the life changes swirling about of late, but of course my head is still apart and I'm now sore from mad shoveling. Best laid plans, and all...

Oh, LIFE! So much to figure out! To wit:

1. A-Dub becoming a Grad Student
2. Finding a second car to accommodate the Grad Student and her Grad Student schedule
3. Fixing the house up
4. Putting the house on the market
5. Getting the house sold
6. Finding an apartment in Portland
7. Moving
8. Figuring out what the hell I'm doing with my life
9. Finding time and inspiration to put fingers to keys and submissions in mail
10. Looking after health and well-being
11. Breathing, etc.

I'm really excited, though. We're so over our commute, neighborhood, everything, and greatly looking forward to returning to city life: walking everywhere, easy access to stuff, etc. Love the house like crazy, though, and I'm sick about leaving it behind. And daunted about the work to come.

Everything evens out eventually, and all I can do is take care of what's in my control and try not to sweat what's not in my control. That's a tall order, but I'll figure it out and deal. Eventually. Somehow, someway...right?

I could use another day off....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home