Piss off...

Friday, August 19, 2005

How to be misquoted during a live interview...

Jeysus, this is great. Thug G wide receiver Randy Moss, in an interview for HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel, said (and I'm picking up the AP report here) "'I have used, you know, marijuana ... since I've been in the league. But as far as abusing it, you know, letting it take control over me, I don't do that, now.'

"Later in the interview, Moss again seemed to indicate he uses the drug.

"'I might (still smoke marijuana). I might have fun. And you know, hopefully ... I won't get into any trouble with the NFL for saying that, you know? I have had fun throughout my years, and you know, predominantly in the off-season.'"

Quote, unquote.

Moss' agent, Dante DiTrapano, then said (again, direct from the AP wire) "'In an attempt to promote their dying network, they have maliciously couched his remarks in a manner that is confusing and leaves room for negative interpretation.' He said Moss was talking about past use in the interview."

"I might (still smoke marijuana)."

"Past tense."

"I might have fun."

"Past tense."

"...predominantly in the off-season."

"Past tense."

Yes, no hint of actionable intelligence there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home