Piss off...

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Torpor

Hi, I'm Beer for Breakfast and I'm Depressed!

I have lived with diagnosed clinical depression for eleven years now. Over this time, medication and therapy have allowed me to live a 90% normal life, free of the unchecked neurosis that rendered me basically incapacitated for most of my twenties. And I have come to be greatly at peace with this quirk of my DNA: I'm okay, it's an errant synapse and nothing I did or didn't do, and I'm certainly not alone. Impossible to explain to those that are blessedly depression free, this illness sneaks in and robs the victim of reality, creates feedback loops of negativity and steals away all energy and general well-being. It is a bitch, and it is, after what I went through before getting help, incalculably destructive.

And it can still strike, even when one is 90% cured as I am, as I discovered this past week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home